Tuesday July 3, 2012
By OH TEIK THEAM
Complete the proverbs
FILL in the blanks to complete the proverbs below:
1. A growing youth has a _____ in his belly.
(a) sheep (b) fox (c) wolf
2. A hedge between keeps friendship _____.
(a) alive (b) green (c) forever
3. Donít put all your eggs in _____.
(a) the fridge (b) the batter (c) one basket
4. Kill two birds with one_____.
(a) stone (b) catapult (c) bat
5. Money burns a hole in the _____.
(a) wallet (b) pocket (c) coin box
6. When the cat is away, the mice will _____.
(a) play (b) sleep (c) laugh
7. A bad workman always blames his _____.
(a) boss (b) apprentice (c) tools
8. Cross the stream where it is _____.
(a) slow-moving (b) placid (c) shallowest
9. Health is better than _____.
(a) sickness (b) wealth (c) death
10. If the cap fits, _____.
(a) buy it (b) wear it
(c) show it off to your friends
11. Keep something for a _____.
(a) cold day (b) sunny day (c) rainy day
12. Money _____.
(a) flies (b) talks (c) sings
13. One good turn _____.
(a) deserves another (b) is praiseworthy
(c) earns some Brownie points
14. A nod is as good as a _____.
(a) shrug (b) handshake (c) wink
15. Curiosity killed the _____.
(a) peeping Tom (b) gatecrasher (c) cat
1. (c) wolf. A growing youth is always hungry.
2. (b) green. We remain better friends if we give enough space to each other.
3. (c) one basket. Spread your risks to avoid losing everything.
4. (a) stone. Accomplish two objectives with one action.
5. (b) pocket. When money is spent quickly, itís as if it burns a hole in the pocket and drops out.
6. (a) play. When the person in authority is away, the other people will take advantage of his absence (by misbehaving, for instance).
7. (c) tools. A person deficient in skill finds excuses for his poor performance.
8. (c) shallowest. Do not create unnecessary difficulties by doing things the hard way. Think of the simplest way.
9. (b) wealth. Physical and mental well-being is more important than monetary riches.
10. (b) wear it. If you find the criticism or some other remark applies to you, accept it.
11. (c) rainy day. If you are careful with your money, you will never be without the necessities of life.
12. (b) talks. Money can influence others to the advantage of its owner.
13. (a) deserves another. If someone has been kind to you, you should return the kindness.
14. (c) wink. A personís expression in lieu of words can convey the same meaning.
15. (c) cat. A person who tries to find out too much about other peopleís affairs is likely to get into trouble.