Monday October 31, 2011
MM2H applications set to increase
KUALA LUMPUR: The number of applicants for the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) programme is expected to grow by 10% this year.
Tourism Ministry secretary-general Datuk Dr Ong Hong Peng said up to September 16,372 participants had registered for the programme.
“Since the programme was launched in 2002, each year we have seen an increase of 6% to 7%, but it is expected to go up,” Dr Ong said when interviewed at the MM2H Agents Association International Gala Night here on Saturday.
Dr Ong said the highest number of applicants came from China with 2,693 followed by Bangladesh with 1,996, United Kingdom, Japan and Iran.
Dr Ong also said the MM2H agents had been working closely with the ministry to promote the programme.
Meanwhile, the President of the MM2H Agents Association, Jeremy Yeong said the next target market is Russia, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan.