Published: Sunday January 13, 2013 MYT 8:39:00 PM
Updated: Sunday January 13, 2013 MYT 8:41:34 PM
Police open probe into 3 violations by rally organisers
KUALA LUMPUR: The police on Sunday opened an investigation into allegations that the organisers of Saturday's gathering at the Merdeka Stadium had violated three of the 27 conditions agreed to between them and the police.
Dang Wangi police chief ACP Zainuddin Ahmad said the alleged violations were bringing children under 15 to the rally; carrying placards, posters and banners with words of a seditious nature; and allowing the number of participants to exceed the agreed 30,000.
The police would call up several witnesses and study the footage of closed circuit television cameras (CCTV), he said when contacted by Bernama.
Zainuddin said the police would conduct an investigation into the alleged violations because the 27 conditions had been agreed to in accordance with Section 15 (1) of the Peaceful Assembly Act 2012.
Meanwhile, the Merdeka Heritage Trust, owner of the stadium, said it would soon issue a statement on the condition of the arena following the Himpunan Kebangkitan Rakyat gathering on Saturday.
The Merdeka Heritage Trust is a subsidiary company of Permodalan Nasional Berhad.
About 45,000 people attended the gathering on Saturday, and 200 policemen were deployed for crowd control. - Bernama
Traders reopen businesses after rally
Khairy credits PM's transformation plans for peaceful rally
Organisers call gathering a milestone
Police successfully deploy new management method to maintain order during rally
Organisers agree to 27 police conditions
Live coverage: Himpunan Kebangkitan Rakyat