Published: Monday January 21, 2013 MYT 3:30:00 PM
Updated: Monday January 21, 2013 MYT 3:38:30 PM
Police: Action will be taken against those who make crank calls regarding William
SHAH ALAM: The police have advised members of the public not to make crank calls regarding the case of William Yau Zhen Zhong, who was reported missing at Putra Heights, Subang Jaya last Wednesday.
Selangor CID deputy chief ACP Rosli Mohd Isa said there had been various calls and texts received by the boy's parents from irresponsible individuals.
"Recently, someone called and demanded a ransom for the missing boy but hung up when asked more about the boy. The parents received a text later, saying it was just a prank.
"We will not hesitate to take stern action against those who resort to doing this," he said on Monday.
ACP Rosli also said police have also not received any information on the whereabouts of the boy.
"We're investigating the case from all angles but so far no one has provided any accurate information on his whereabouts," he said.
Members of the public with any information are urged to call the nearest police station or 03-56319800. - Bernama
Politicians, NGOs and individuals pledge support for William's mum and dad
Phones are busy but no promising lead on William
I was wrong to leave my children alone, says William's mum
Help find William (Update)
Where is our little William?
Cops trigger NUR alert for missing six-year-old boy
Public and private sectors in joint search
RM20,000 reward for missing boy William Yau
Police: No ransom demand made for missing boy