Tuesday January 29, 2013
RM60,000 reward for info on what happened to William Yau
KUALA LUMPUR: A RM60,000 reward has been offered for information leading to the arrest of William Yau Zhen Zhong's killer(s).
MCA Complaints and Public Services Department head Datuk Seri Michael Chong said the reward was contributed by several parties to encourage the public to come forward with any information on what happened to the six-year-old who had gone missing on Jan 16 and was found dead a week later.
“We don't know for sure if William was murdered. But if he was, we want to make sure the culprit is brought to justice.
“The money will be awarded to anyone who has information leading to the arrest and conviction of the killer in court,” he said at Wisma MCA, while urging those with information to call him personally or contact the police.
Previously, a reward of RM40,000 was offered to anyone who could give information on William's whereabouts.
As the boy was not found alive, Chong said those who contributed to the reward had topped up the amount and asked for it to go towards finding out what really happened to him.
Rebutting criticism from some members of the public who said efforts to find the boy had been for political gain, Chong said the focus had always been to find William.
“It was never about politics. It was about the safety of a child.
“Now our focus is to find out what really happened to him and make sure the guilty party is brought to justice,” he said.
Those with information should call Chong at 013-3982381 or 03-22033888.