Published: Sunday March 10, 2013 MYT 5:31:00 PM
Updated: Sunday March 10, 2013 MYT 9:18:31 PM
Lahad Datu: Teenage boy killed in Ops Daulat
By RUBEN SARIO
LAHAD DATU: A teenage boy was killed in Kg Sungai Bilis on Sunday during Ops Daulat to flush out the remaining Sulu gunmen.
Inspector General of Police Tan Sri Ismail Omar said security personnel had stopped and questioned about five people at about 9.45am when they saw movements in some bushes.
Reacting to the possibility that they were under attack by Sulu gunmen, the security team opened fire at the bushes.
The boy, aged between 12 and 15, was later found dead behind the bushes. A man in his 30's was injured in the leg during the incident.
Ismail said the people had been told to stay away from the areas where police and the army were conducting operations to flush out the gunmen which enters its sixth day.
Lahad Datu: Hisham: Ops Daulat will go on until Sulu gunmen are flushed out
Lahad Datu: Hunt intensifies for remnants of armed group
Lahad Datu: Tanjung Labian villagers flee in midst of gunshots
Lahad Datu: Two policemen injured in overnight skirmishes in Tanjung Batu village
Lahad Datu: Cops tighten security at all entry points
Lahad Datu: More than 50 Sulu gunmen held, says IGP
Lahad Datu: Life limping back to normalcy
Lahad Datu: Cops place Azzimudie's brother on wanted list
Lahad Datu: No updates on remaining Sulu militants or Azzimudie