Published: Tuesday March 12, 2013 MYT 9:54:00 PM
Updated: Tuesday March 12, 2013 MYT 10:58:46 PM
Lahad Datu: Remarks on actions to flush out gunmen despicable, says DIGP
KUALA LUMPUR: Police have opened two investigation papers on the intrusion of Lahad Datu and Semporna by Sulu gunmen.
Deputy Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar said the police would discuss with the Attorney-General's Chambers to determine the law that could be meted out against suspects arrested for either allegedly abetting or directly involved with the Sulu terrorists.
"Let us consult the Attorney-General's Chambers first on investigations into the intrusion under Section 130 of the Security Offences (Special Measures) Act 2012 and the Penal Code," he told reporters after receiving donations for the families of policemen who were killed and injured in operations to flush out the gunmen.
Eight policemen and a soldier were killed while five others injured when they were ambushed by the terrorists during Ops Daulat.
Meanwhile, Khalid said action would be taken against individuals who disseminate disparaging remarks on the police's operations that led to the death of eight policemen and injuries of five others.
"I would like to warn these individuals, that instructions had been issued to locate those who made fun of and spiteful remarks on the actions taken by the security forces. Their remarks are utterly despicable.
"So, I ask them to stop mocking and belittle the actions taken by the security forces for we are going to get them," he added.
Khalid said the police had also sought the cooperation of the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission to trace the individuals involved. - Bernama