Published: Wednesday March 13, 2013 MYT 2:06:00 PM
Updated: Wednesday March 13, 2013 MYT 2:10:36 PM
Police closing in on three bogus cops who took contractor on terror ride
By DESIREE TRESA GASPER
JOHOR BARU: Several leads have been identified pertaining to the case of three men who posed as policemen, and abducted, assaulted and robbed a 27-year-old contractor recently.
State police chief DCP Datuk Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said no arrests have been made as yet but police were in close pursuit of those involved.
"The incident is quite unusual as the suspects abducted the man in Setia Indah here and took him all the way to Gombak (in Kuala Lumpur) before finally dumping him there," he said.
He was speaking to reporters after handing over more than RM100,000 raised by the state police force for those slain during the ongoing conflict with Sulu gunmen in Lahad Datu, Sabah.
DCP Mohd Mokhtar said the police had questioned the victim but there were still many unanswered questions relating to the case.
It was previously reported that Ho Boon Way was taken on a five-hour terror ride by three men posing as policemen, on Monday.
The victim said the trio had approached him just as he stepped out of a salon and told him that he was being arrested for a drug charge and needed to be taken to a nearby police station.
Ho suspected something amiss and attempted to escape by jumping out of the moving car.
The men, however, chased him, beat him with a stick, bundled him into the car and continued assaulting him before finally releasing him in Gombak.
They then made away with Ho's car and valuables totalling RM92,000.
Contractor taken on a terror ride by trio