Published: Saturday March 16, 2013 MYT 7:16:00 PM
Anwar says he’s not the man in the video
By TASHNY SUKUMARAN
PETALING JAYA: Opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has categorically denied being the man in the photographs released in blogs earlier this week that were purportedly taken from a sex video.
"I have already said (I deny it)," he told reporters Saturday after a dialogue session organised by the Anwar Ibrahim Club at One World Hotel.
"This is a disgusting political gimmick executed by Umno."
He dismissed it as "fitnah" and a "smear campaign" executed for political reasons.
When asked if he would take legal action, Anwar said he would let his legal counsel decide.
"I don't know yet. I'll let my lawyer handle it."