Published: Monday March 18, 2013 MYT 9:22:00 PM
Updated: Monday March 18, 2013 MYT 11:43:41 PM
Lahad Datu: Sabah CPO - Fewer than 50 Sulu gunmen left in Kampung Tanjung Batu
LAHAD DATU: There are believe to be fewer than 50 Sulu gunmen left in Kampung Tanjung Batu, said Sabah police commissioner Datuk Hamza Taib (pic).
Expressing his confidence that they would be decimated soon, he said the security forces were unperturbed over self-styled Sultan Jamalul Kiram's warning that Sulu gunmen would embark on guerrilla warfare in Malaysia.
"Jamalul Kiram can say anything he wants. We are all out to flush them out," he said at a joint news conference with Army First Infantry Division commander Maj-Jen Datuk Ahmad Zaki Mokhtar at Felda Sahabat 16 near here, on Monday.
Hamza said two clashes occurred on Monday, the 14th day of Ops Daulat, between the security forces and the terrorists at 8.05am and 9.45am.
He said Malaysia and the Philippines were discussing a request to claim the bodies of 28 terrorists who were killed in the mopping up operations.
In Kuala Lumpur, Armed Forces chief Tan Sri Zulkifeli Mohd Zin said the mopping up operations in Tanjung Batu would be completed in two or three days' time before residents were allowed to return home.
"The operations in Sungai Nyamuk and Kampung Tanduo had been completed and we are now ascertaining damage suffered by villagers," he told reporters. - Bernama
Lahad Datu: Another terrorist shot dead
Lahad Datu: More skirmishes with Sulu gunmen
Lahad Datu: Najib slams Harun Taib's "heroes" remark
Lahad Datu: Parties using ex-generals to blame military intelligence, says Zahid Hamidi
Lahad Datu: Dr M's surprise visit cheers the troops
Lahad Datu: Autopsies done on 22 of 28 bodies of terrorists, says Hamza
Lahad Datu: Kuala Lumpur to ask Manila for information on intrusion by Sulu gunmen