Published: Tuesday March 5, 2013 MYT 7:45:00 AM
Updated: Tuesday March 5, 2013 MYT 4:39:17 PM
Lahad Datu: Malaysian security forces in all out attack against Sulu gunmen
12.58pm: Following the Tanduo operations Semporna has been put on alert
11.26am: Armed Forces Chief says bombs were used on the enemy to ensure safety of Malaysian troops.
11.23am: IGP: Combat zone is a 4km sq area at Kampung Tanduo
11.20am: IGP Malaysian troops were under heavy fire side.
11.16am IGP : Mopping up operations ongoing. Security forces checking from house to house. Enemy casualties unknown for now.
11.15am IGP says no casualties among Malaysian troops in the offensive against Sulu "terrorists"
10.58am: Media told it is a press briefing.IGP will not be fielding any questions.
10.50am: IGP arrives at Felda Residence hotel. Media prepares for press conference.
10.50am: Sabah's northern Kudat district is still safe from intruders and situation is under control. However, police are taking precautionary measures to ensure the safety of its officers and people there.
10.45am: In Kota Kinabalu Business is going on as usual although some supermarkets have run out of rice supply. City police remind people not to listen to rumours as 'they are all lies' and the situation here for the past few days had been under control with not a single incident related to the Lahad Datu case happening.
10.45am: Some 20 plantation workers are seen waiting at the road side at Felda Sahabat.They have been there after hearing explosions since 7am
10.40am:It was business as usual in Sandakan and police have told public not to listen to rumours and verify with police by calling 089 212 222
10.34am: IGP and Sabah chief police have rescheduled their press conference from 9.30am to 11am now at Felda Sahabat residence where the media is waiting for word on what is happening on the ground in Tanduo.
10.20am Police forensic unit seen heading towards Felda Sahabat from Lahad Datu.
10.00am: In Tungku, the hospital is closed and a villager said a road block has been put up stopping people from entering town
9.50am: Many ambulances despatched from Tawau. Media personnel barred from entering Felda 16 area near Cenderawasih township.
9.45am: In Tanjung Labian community hall, about 300 villagers are asking for food as they have not received any since Monday night. They had fled Tanjung Batu after hearing reports of armed intruders.
8.30am: Military trucks were seen going in. Elite military and police squads were also on the ground and believed to be involved in the shootouts with the gunmen.
7.30am: At least six continuous explosions were heard and journalists at Sahabat 16 resort said the jets looped back flying low.
7.00am: Several fighter jets screamed over Tanduo village, followed by artillery fire
LAHAD DATU: Dawn attacks to flush out the remaining group of armed Sulu gunmen said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak Tuesday, in a short statement.
Early Tuesday morning, fighter jets began screaming low over the armed group cornered at the Tanduo village since Feb 9.
Continuous explosions are being heard as the police and army move in against the gunmen who are reportedly firing back.
The situation around Tanjung Labian, about 7km away from Tanduo village in Felda Village 17 was tense as more than 300 villagers huddled in a community hall kept hearing the explosions.
Heavy weapons roll in to combat Sulu gunmen
Red zone declared over fears of intrusion
Morale still high among cops despite losses
Sulu gunmen considered terrorists, says Deputy IGP
Military should be called in as last resort, says expert
Governments looking into peaceful end
Looking to reclaim eastern Sabah as theirs
Sea of blue pays last respects
Wikipedia page edited to describe Sabah as Sultanate's
Nur Misuari offers to help mediate with intruders