News

Published: Monday April 8, 2013 MYT 3:08:00 PM
Updated: Monday April 8, 2013 MYT 3:45:12 PM

GE13: Papa Gomo to take on Anwar in Permatang Pauh

By RAHIMY RAHIM


Papa Gomo's representative Mohamad Rafi Awang Kechik. Papa Gomo's representative Mohamad Rafi Awang Kechik.

KUALA LUMPUR: Controversial blogger Papa Gomo is set to take on Opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim in the Permatang Pauh parliamentary seat during the 13th general election, his representative Mohamad Rafi Awang Kechik said Monday.

Mohamad Rafi, the Nadi Rakyat Malaysia president, said Papa Gomo, whose real name is Wan Muhammad Azri Wan Deris, had made the decision to contest as an independent candidate to expose the Opposition leader's alleged wrongdoings to the rakyat.

"After taking the views of many groups and people, I believed that I want to expose all his wrongdoings to his contituency.

"We also want to put an end to his political career," Mohamad Rafi, speaking on behalf of the blogger, told a press conference at the Federal Territories Election Commission office here.

Anwar, on Friday, had confirmed that he will remain in Permatang Pauh in the coming polls.

Anwar also had filed an RM100mil defamation suit against Papa Gomo over a recent sex video allegedly implicating the Opposition Leader last month.

Related Stories:
GE13: Wan Muhammad no longer a postal voter
GE13: Papa Gomo and Wan Muhammad the same person'
Anwar sues Papa Gomo
Papa Gomo hits back - releases video clip
Papa Gomo releases "intimate chat" video clip
Anwar threatens Papa Gomo with RM100mil defamation suit over naked photo

  • E-mail this story
  • Print this story
  • Bookmark and Share