News

Friday May 10, 2013

Teen falls prey to rape trap

OTHER NEWS & VIEWS
Compiled by FARIK ZOLKEPLI, NG SI HOOI and A. RAMAN


A LABOURER in Batu Gajah, Perak, managed to dupe a teenage girl into going out with him by luring her with text messages before abducting and raping her, reported Harian Metro.

On Wednesday, the suspect sent the SMS to the 16-year-old girl on the pretext of sending her to school in Tanjung Tualang.

She was alleged to have received an SMS from the suspect, who offered to send her to school along with another schoolmate, said Batu Gajah OCPD Asst Comm Shaharon Anuar Abdul Latif.

The victim sensed something was amiss when the suspect arrived without her friend. She refused to get into his car but he dragged her into the vehicle and drove her to his home.

ACP Shaharom said the suspect then dragged the victim into his bedroom and raped her there. He sent her home after that.

She informed her boyfriend about the incident before telling her family. They lodged a police report soon after. ACP Shaharom said police have detained the 35-year-old suspect.


> Kosmo! reported that actress Rebecca Nur Al-Islam (pic) wanted to start her own “football team”. The 27-year-old actress, who gave birth to her first baby daughter in November last year, is pregnant again and is expected to give birth to her second child with husband Nor Azam.

Rebecca, who has three other children from her previous marriage, aimed to have 11 children before she reached 40.

“My husband wants to have 11 children. We already have five, including three boys from my previous marriage, so I just have to produce six more,” she quipped.

Otherwise, she said they would settle with just seven children.

Other News & Views is compiled from the vernacular newspapers (Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese and Tamil dailies). As such, stories are grouped according to the respective language/medium. Where a paragraph begins with this > sign, it denotes a separate news item.

  • E-mail this story
  • Print this story
  • Bookmark and Share