News

Sunday May 12, 2013

Nga claims phone hijacked, offensive SMSes sent out


Nga Kor Ming Nga Kor Ming

KUALA LUMPUR: Perak DAP secretary Nga Kor Ming has claimed that his phone number was “hijacked” into sending racially offensive SMSes to the public.

“I am the third person to be hit with this. My phone has been ringing non-stop all morning with people scolding me,” he told reporters at the sidelines of the DAP conference with elected representatives here yesterday.

The Taiping MP described the SMSes as a malicious sabotage to racially incite people of various races.

“These SMSes are clearly the work of those who are anti-DAP and anti-Nga,” he said.

With his phone bombarded with angry calls and SMSes, Nga said his device had jammed.

“Now, I can hardly use my phone,” he said, adding he would lodge a police report today.

Previously, PAS deputy president Mohamad Sabu and vice-president Salahuddin Ayub had also complained of having their phone numbers tampered with into sending racially offensive messages.

  • E-mail this story
  • Print this story
  • Bookmark and Share