Published: Monday May 13, 2013 MYT 1:42:00 PM
Updated: Monday May 13, 2013 MYT 2:42:29 PM
GE13: PKR receives 237 complaints regarding alleged election irregularities
By PATRICK LEE
PETALING JAYA: PKR's election fraud investigative team has received up to 237 complaints from the public over alleged GE13 irregularities.
The team, headed by PKR strategy director Rafizi Ramli, has connected these reports to 25 Parliamentary seats that Pakatan Rakyat contested in and lost during the recent polls.
PKR strategic director and Pandan MP Rafizi Ramli. "We are mapping the evidence. I will not jump in straight away and categorise it as fraud until I get the evidence," said Rafizi, who is also newly-elected Pandan MP.
According to Rafizi, the Hulu Selangor and Machang seats are also suspect, although no complaints regarding the two seats had been submitted yet.
He added that the 27 seats have been shortlisted based on four criteria - Having a victory margin of under 5%; a final result that did not tally with spoil votes, of which the number was larger than the margin of victory; a high number of postal and advanced votes that exceeded the normal' vote margin; where outright election fraud was alleged to have been committed.
Reports have not been made regarding two of the 27 shortlisted constituencies.
The Parliamentary seats in question are Bentong, Kuala Selangor, Baram, Sungai Besar, Pasir Gudang, Labis, Machang, Ketereh, Titiwangsa, Tebrau, Bagan Serai, Kota Marudu, Beaufort, Setiawangsa, Segamat, Ledang, Balik Pulau, Kulim Bandar Bahru, Pulai, Kuala Kangsar, Muar, Pendang, Hulu Selangor, Sabak Bernam, Merbok, Pensiangan and Saratok.
Rafizi said that 19 of these were PKR seats and were "hotly-contested" constituencies.
He said that another eight state assembly seats were also in question, but the party would not reveal them yet.
He added that the team had 67 volunteers - comprising mostly lawyers and accountants - to scrutinise the disputed numbers.
Rafizi said that PKR would also look into seats it had won, giving the example of Pandan where three election-related police reports had been filed.
PAS and DAP will also be roped in to help, he added.
Rafizi said once the evidence had been gathered, petitions would be filed with the Election Court and also submitted to Bersih's "People's Tribunal".
He added that PKR would also present witnesses who had lodged police reports on the alleged fraud.
With the gazetting of polls results expected this week, Rafizi estimated that PKR would file the election petitions by the end of May.
Complainants have a 21-day period to do so after its gazetting.
Article 118 of the Federal Constitution states that any quarter who disagrees with the election results can file a petition at the High Court.
Rafizi added that the whole process was not so much to challenge the disputed results, but to create a public "momentum" over alleged voter fraud.
- Who will be the new IGP?
- Report: 21 Malaysians arrested in Singapore over GE13 protest out on bail
- William Yau inquest: No Chinese boy seen playing near jetty where body was found
- MIC chief Palanivel blasts call to abolish vernacular schools
- GE13: MCA allocated one seat in Johor state exco after special request by Sultan Ibrahim
- GE13: Johor police to take action against rally organisers
- GE13: Remove all campaign materials by Sunday or lose deposit, says EC
- Appeals Court holds election manifesto not legally enforceable
- Pakatan's post-GE13 rally in Kuantan illegal, says OCPD
- Stop the provocative post-GE13 rallies, says IGP Ismail Omar
- Kulasegaran lodges police report against pro-chancellor over vernacular schools remark
- Wife of Al-Arqam founder detained at KLIA (Update)
- Khalid has audience with Selangor Sultan, expected to be sworn in as Mentri Besar Tuesday
- GE13: Taxi driver fined RM1,000 for damaging BN flags
- GE13: PKR receives 237 complaints regarding alleged election irregularities
- Dollar rise hits oil, gold; euro sags on ECB cut bets
- Scomi Group secures RM98.5m Turkmenistan contract
- KLCI at fresh record close, on fund buying of banks, Tenaga
- Puncak Niaga to issue warrants, raise RM165m Sukuk
- Moody's: Core Chinese shadow banking products total 21 trillion renminbi
- I-Bhd, Thailand's Central Pattana to build shopping mall in iCity
- MISC falls in active trade
- Firm dollar hits oil, gold, shares; Nikkei scales new peak
- Allianz targets RM150m new business premiums this year
- Mah Sing's Meridin@Medini records pre-selection of RM261m (Update)
- Samsung racing towards downloading a whole movie in one second through super-fast 5G
- KLCI up nearly 14pts at midday (Update)
- RAM Ratings ups Menara ABS’s Sukuk outlook to stable
- Leon Fuat to raise RM35.58m from share sale (Update)
- AirAsia X eyes up to US$300m Malaysia IPO - term sheet
- Taiwanese fishermen burn Filipino flags in protest
- Yemen army jet crashes in Sanaa, pilot killed
- US scientist depressed and left suicide notes, Singapore public inquiry told
- Philippines holds elections vital for Aquino reforms
- Samsung announces 5G data breakthrough
- Police in US arrest 12-year-old for sister's murder
- Warming to hit half of plants, a third of animals
- 17 people shot at New Orleans parade: report
- Woods wins Players Championship
- Silver lining in Fort Lauderdale for Pandelela-Mun Yee
- Affendi ruled out with nerve injury
- Hubbard leads hot Dragons to another easy win
- Teenager Praveen a Clearcut winner at Bukit Kiara
- Shalin wants more victories before calling it a day next year
- Puvendran upsets top seed Alwin in U-17 final
- Second title for Ramdan in Europe
- Coach wants badminton doubles pairs to be battle ready
- Milo aim to go even further in developing Malaysian sports
- KLHC-Tenaga showdown once again
- Argentina and South Africa to play in Johor Baru
- Serena sweeps aside Sharapova to retain Madrid crown
- Nadal wins Madrid title for fifth triumph this year
- Maria confirms romance with Bulgarian Dimitrov
- Anwar: Adopt new Malaysian spirit
- Face the law, married or not
- GE13: PKR receives 237 complaints regarding alleged election irregularities
- Two men killed, two injured in Batu Kawan shooting
- Najib gets staunch support
- Time to end race-based governance
- I will respect and uphold Sultan’s decision, says Azmin
- City cabs can pick up KLIA passengers from Wednesday
- Karpal slams ‘vultures’ hovering around Chua
- Khalid to be sworn in as MB
- New SARS-like virus can probably pass person-to-person
- Nurul Izzah says not eyeing PKR presidency when mum steps down
- Coronavirus epidemic awaits, not certain to be severe - discoverer
- Merkel says has no secrets about her communist past
- Appeals court frees six backers of black-clad Egypt protest group
- Scomi Group secures RM98.5m Turkmenistan contract
- Who will be the new IGP?
- Italy's Letta urges ministers to avoid clashing in public
- Greek state workers to strike against teachers' walkout ban
- Brothers of Cleveland kidnap suspect say he was aloof for years - CNN

