News

Tuesday May 7, 2013

GE13: No power outage at all vote-counting centres, says TNB


KUALA LUMPUR: Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) said there had been no power disruption during the counting of votes last night after polling in the 13th general election.

TNB urged all parties to halt the erroneous claims that were widely spread through the social media.

“Based on feedback from the stand-by TNB teams, we found that all the vote-counting centres had not experienced any electricity outage during the counting process,” it said in a statement yesterday.

In Bentong, DAP's Ketari assemblyman Lee Chin Chen said there was no blackout at the Bentong Municipal Council building, which was the counting centre for the Bentong parliamentary seat and four state seats, Sin Chew Daily reported.

He urged the people not to believe the allegations on some social networking sites, saying that there was no blackout during the counting process on Sunday night.

He refuted claims that the area had a blackout which led to the “appearance” of a ballot box containing votes for Bentong MP Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai.

The sites also featured a doctored picture of the purported blackout at the voting centre.

The police also denied that there was a blackout at the centre.

For more election stories, please visit The Star's GE13 site

  • E-mail this story
  • Print this story
  • Bookmark and Share