Thursday November 8, 2012
Rory dismisses report of multi-million dollar Nike deal
SINGAPORE: World number one Rory McIlroy yesterday dismissed reports he has already signed a multi-million dollar deal with Nike, but said there would be an announcement in the next few weeks.
McIlroy said he had not committed to any sponsor for next season and remained under Titleist until the end of the year, when his deal with the American equipment-maker will be allowed to lapse.
ďIím a Titleist player until the end of the year, Iíve made no commitment to any company for next year,Ē he said ahead of the US$6 mil Barclays Singapore Open.
ďItís a process weíre working through and youíll probably hear about it in the next few weeks.Ē
Britainís Daily Mail last week reported that McIlroy had signed a deal with Nike that could earn him US$250mil over 10 years, and that he had already filmed a commercial for the firm with world number two Tiger Woods. ó AFP