Published: Saturday September 22, 2012 MYT 10:25:00 PM
Updated: Saturday September 22, 2012 MYT 10:31:16 PM
Hamilton takes pole in Singapore, ahead of Maldonado and Vettel
SINGAPORE: McLaren's Lewis Hamilton has claimed pole position for the Singapore Grand Prix, ahead of Williams' Pastor Maldonado and Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel.
It was McLaren's fourth consecutive pole position for the first time since 1999.
Vettel, fastest in all three practice sessions, finished third, ahead of McLaren's Jenson Button and championship leader Fernando Alonso of Ferrari.
Red Bull's Mark Webber qualified seventh.
Grid order (top 10):
1. Lewis Hamilton (GBR) McLaren 1:46.362,
2. Pastor Maldonado (VEN) Williams 1:46.804,
3. Sebastian Vettel (GER) Red Bull 1:46.905,
4. Jenson Button (GBR) McLaren 1:46.939,
5. Fernando Alonso (ESP) Ferrari 1:47.216,
6. Paul di Resta (GBR) Force India 1:47.241,
7. Mark Webber (AUS) Red Bull 1:47.475,
8. Romain Grosjean (FRA) Lotus 1:47.788,
9. Michael Schumacher (GER) Mercedes ,
10. Nico Rosberg (GER) Mercedes