Dr M: I did not propose Mukhriz be made DPM


Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad. -filepic

PETALING JAYA: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad says the suggestion for Datuk Seri Mukhriz Mahathir to be made the candidate for the deputy prime minister (II) post did not come from him.

The ex-prime minister said the nomination for his son for the position had already been mentioned earlier in a statement together with Amanah president Mohamad bin Sabu and DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng on June 22.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

DAP’s next move under scrutiny
Former footballer back in action with ‘air balang’ business
Anwar meets with Singapore PM
MMEA assures transparent probe into personnel misconduct
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah held nationwide
M’sia eyes stronger ties with new PM
Paitan hit hardest by floods�
Gen Z continues tradition
PM: 10 years is enough
Designer Jovian Mandagie’s RM5mil bankruptcy appeal dismissed

Others Also Read