Dr M recovering from infection, says aide


Keeping updated: Dr Mahathir reading The Star and doing some writing while recovering at the National Heart Institute in Kuala Lumpur. — Reuters

PETALING JAYA: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad is recovering from an infection, says his aide.

The aide refuted claims on social media that the former prime minister was in critical condition.

Instead, photos released by the aide show the 98-year-old reading The Star and doing some writing.

“Dr M is currently being treated and is in the process of recovering from infection,” he said when contacted yesterday.

The photos were also shared on Dr Mahathir’s social media.

Reports emerged on Feb 13 that Dr Mahathir would be taking some rest following treatment at the National Heart Institute (IJN) after an infection.

This development follows his admission to the cardiac specialist centre on Jan 26.

Breaking barriers, building bots

His health issues were revealed during proceedings for his defamation suit against Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi last week.

Dr Mahathir’s lawyer, Mior Nor Haidir Suhaimi, in an application for a postponement of proceedings, told the court that his client had been admitted to IJN.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Others Also Read


All Headlines:

Want to listen to full audio?

Unlock unlimited access to enjoy personalise features on the TheStar.com.my

Already a member? Log In