Army to take action if contractor fails to deliver Black Hawk helicopters


A file picture of a Black Hawk helicopter used by the Wisconsin National Guard. – Wikipedia

SIK: The Army will take follow-up action if its contractor fails to deliver the first Black Hawk helicopter by the end of April.

Army Chief Gen Tan Sri Muhammad Hafizuddeain Jantan said that they had yet to receive any news about the delivery even though the contractor had promised to make the first delivery this month.

"We should have received our first aircraft in November last year. Now it's already over five months, there's still no news.

"If at the end of April there's still no news, we will take follow up action through the Defence Ministry as the contract manager," he said during a media conference at a Hari Raya Aidilfitri celebration event with operations officers and staff at Gubir Camp here on Tuesday (April 16).

He added that they hoped that the contractor could deliver one of four Sikorsky UH-60A or Black Hawk helicopters for the use Army's Air Wing this month.

"We really need the medium-lift capability to conduct operations here and in the interior. We have planned to base several here (in the peninsula) and several in Sabah and Sarawak to provide assistance for operations," Muhammad Hafizuddeain said, adding that the helicopters would be used by the 10th Para Brigade for jump training.

"So far, the Army depends too much on the Air Force for operation transport and logistics," he said. – Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Army , Black Hawk , Helicopters , Contractor , Delivery

Next In Nation

MACC arrests former telco director over RM8mil bribe
Who will be the next Opposition leader in the Dewan Rakyat?
Malaysia weighs response after US court strikes down Trump tariffs
Number of flood victims in Sabah continues to rise tonight
PAS' Hadi pays tribute to Muhyiddin as coalition transitions
Newly appointed PN chairman seeks political consensus for all Malaysians
Hamzah, 18 MPs reaffirm support for PN under new chairman Ahmad Samsuri
PKR vet says he'll continue supporting Pakatan despite not defending his seat
Villager hears explosion outside house as fire engulfs homes
School reopening in Paitan, Sabah delayed after worst ever flood destroys classrooms

Others Also Read