Search on for man missing after croc attack in Sabah's Kunak district


KOTA KINABALU: A search is on fo a man who has gone missing after a suspected crocodile attack in Sabah’s east coast Kunak district on Monday (Sept 30).

Ridwan Nair had gone to a river to catch fish when it was believed the reptile had attacked the 50-year-old.

Kunak Fire and Rescue station chief Mohammad Omarbatha said they were alerted to the incident at 11.18am.

A team of six firemen was then deployed to the location for the search and rescue operation, he said.

The operation also involved the police, Sabah Wildlife Department as well as villagers, he added.

“We were informed that a crocodile had lunged at the man while he was netting fish,” he said, in a statement.

“We have yet to locate the victim so far, further updates will be provided on the situation soon,” Mohammad added.

He said the operation involved rescuers looking for the victim along the riverbank, adding the search was postponed at 4.31pm and will resume tomorrow.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Crocodile , Attack , Kunak , Fire Department , Sabah

Next In Nation

MACC arrests former telco director over RM8mil bribe
Who will be the next Opposition leader in the Dewan Rakyat?
Malaysia weighs response after US court strikes down Trump tariffs
Number of flood victims in Sabah continues to rise tonight
PAS' Hadi pays tribute to Muhyiddin as coalition transitions
Newly appointed PN chairman seeks political consensus for all Malaysians
Hamzah, 18 MPs reaffirm support for PN under new chairman Ahmad Samsuri
PKR vet says he'll continue supporting Pakatan despite not defending his seat
Villager hears explosion outside house as fire engulfs homes
School reopening in Paitan, Sabah delayed after worst ever flood destroys classrooms

Others Also Read