Four injured in nine-vehicle pile-up in Kulai


KULAI: Four people have been injured in a nine-vehicle pile-up along a trunk road here.

Kulai OCPD Asst Comm Tan Seng Lee said four lorries and five cars were involved in the accident on Jalan Senai-Seelong at around 10.30am on Thursday (Jan 23).

"It started when a 50-year-old lorry driver crashed into the back of a hatchback car, which had earlier come to a halt on the road,” he said.

ACP Tan added that this in turn caused the hatchback car to ram into the vehicles in front, causing a six-vehicle pile-up.

"The first lorry then lost control, swerved into the opposite lane and collided with another hatchback vehicle and another lorry," he said.

ACP Tan said the crash caused three car drivers and a lorry driver to suffer minor injuries.

The victims were sent to Hospital Temenggong Seri Maharaja Tun Ibrahim for medical treatment.

Silver vision for tomorrow’s sustainability

"The other victims involved in the pile-up managed to escape unhurt," he said.

The case is being investigated under Section 43 of the Road Transport Act 1987.

He also urged witnesses to provide information to the police by heading to the Kulai traffic police headquarters or by calling the state police hotline at 07-2212999.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Others Also Read


All Headlines:

Want to listen to full audio?

Unlock unlimited access to enjoy personalise features on the TheStar.com.my

Already a member? Log In