KOTA KINABALU: The body of a fisherman, missing some limbs as the result of a crocodile attack, has been found in Sandakan.
Sandakan Fire and Rescue Station chief Severinus Sainkui, confirmed that the body of the victim, a man in his 50s, was discovered by the public at 8.44am on Friday (Feb 28), close to where he was pulled under by the reptile.
"Firemen were searching the riverbank when we received information about the discovery of the body," he said.
The victim's remains have been handed over to the police for further action.
According to earlier reports, the victim had been scattering fertiliser into the river before net fishing when the crocodile attacked him, dragging him underwater.
Severinus said a team was dispatched immediately after receiving a distress call at 5.40pm on Thursday (Feb 27), launching a search and rescue operation that same evening.
The operation officially ended following the discovery of the body at 9.34am on Friday.