KUALA LUMPUR: With Malaysia assuming the Asean chairmanship in 2025, it has the opportunity to take a more proactive role in enhancing disaster management across the region, says Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
KUALA LUMPUR: As Asean Chair this year, Malaysia can be more proactive in empowering disaster management in the region, says Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi (pic).
VIENTIANE: A group of 33 Lao army personnel flew to Myanmar on Monday (April 1) to help with rescue and recovery operations in the wake of the earthquake that occurred last Friday.
SUBANG: Malaysia is considering sending additional rescuers to aid victims of the devastating earthquake that struck Myanmar on Saturday, says Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
KOTA KINABALU: Sabah central Telupid district has been declared a flood disaster area following continuous heavy rains and river levels rising to dangerous levels.
SEREMBAN: The National Disaster Management Agency (Nadma) will send an initial team of 10 personnel to assist in search and rescue work following the earthquake in Myanmar.
PUTRAJAYA: Malaysia is sending teams of rescue and relief personnel to earthquake-hit central Myanmar, as top leaders pledged to also extend help to Thailand, which reported casualties in its capital Bangkok.
VIENTIANE: Natural disasters affected 217,168 people in Laos in 2024, with damage totaling over 6 trillion kip (some US$279 million).
PETALING JAYA: A total of 15,009 flood victims across Sarawak and Sabah remain in temporary shelters, a drop from the 17,637 recorded earlier in the morning, according to Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
PETALING JAYA: The registration of flood victims must be expedited to avoid late payment of Bantuan Wang Ihsan, says Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi (pic).
PETALING JAYA: Disaster management committees at the district level have been instructed to be immediately activated to face the northeast monsoon and floods.
KUALA LUMPUR: The National Disaster Management Agency (Nadma) is responsible for ensuring all agencies involved in disaster management are prepared to face potential disasters during the monsoon season, says Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
KUALA LUMPUR: All Disaster Management Committees at the central, state and district levels are ready to be activated at a level of preparedness that can be upgraded to deal with the current floods and possible flooding in high-risk areas, says Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
KOTA TINGGI: The Irrigation and Drainage Department has identified 4,619 flood hotspots nationwide as part of preparations for the Northeast Monsoon (MTL) this year.
VIENTIANE: The Prime Minister has given orders for the urgent restoration of flood-affected areas in Luang Namtha and other parts of the country in the wake of the devastating effects of storm Yagi.
VIENTIANE: The government estimates that the cost of the damage inflicted by flooding across the country currently amounts to about 720 billion kip (US$33mil).
VIENTIANE: The Asia-Potash has donated 1.5 billion kip to the Lao government to help address the impacts of floods caused by Typhoon Yagi.
KUANTAN: The government will incur costs of up to RM1 trillion if coastal erosion control projects are not implemented immediately, says Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
ALOR SETAR: The Kedah government has activated the Disaster Operations Control Centre (PKOB) in preparation for the monsoon transition phase, which is expected to last from Tuesday (Sept 24) until early November.
KUALA LUMPUR: The Central Disaster Management Committee (JPBP) meeting held on Thursday (Feb 3) has agreed to eight strategic measures to improve national disaster management laid out by the National Disaster Management Agency (Nadma).