PETALING JAYA: The public should not spread fake news or unverified information about the recent gas inferno in Putra Heights as it could cause confusion in the community, says Datuk Seri Shamsul Anuar Nasarah.
PUTRAJAYA: The Office of the Unity Minister has lodged a report with the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) regarding a racist and provocative statement on social media uploaded by an individual on platform X.
IN THE age of viral videos, misinformation can spread like wildfire, causing unnecessary panic.
KUALA LUMPUR: The amendments to the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 [Act 588] take effect on Tuesday (Feb 11) following their gazettement on Feb 7.
KUALA LUMPUR: The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission is willing to collaborate with the Health Ministry to address the growing social media addiction problem, especially involving users' mental health, the Dewan Negara was told Thursday (March 13).
PETALING JAYA: The Home Ministry dismissed claims from the rights group Suaram regarding the arrest of individuals who delivered a memorandum at Kompleks Setia Perkasa on Monday (Feb 12).
KUALA LUMPUR: Enforcement action against individuals who touch on the 3R (race, religion and royalty) issues needs to be enhanced by relevant agencies to maintain peace and harmony in the country, said Unity Minister Datuk Aaron Ago Dagang.
KUALA LUMPUR: The Defence Ministry has denied claims that the military's top leadership, including the Armed Forces Chief, has been dismissed in connection with a multi-billion Ringgit helicopter contract.
KULAI: The number of scam-related social media content taken down last year skyrocketed to more than 63,000, compared to about 6,000 the previous year, says the Communications Ministry.
PETALING JAYA: In a move to strengthen cybersecurity, the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) has released the guidelines on Information and Network Security for the Communications and Multimedia Industry (INSG).
GEORGE TOWN: The Communications Ministry is actively working to create a safer digital environment in this country including taking significant steps through amendments to the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 (Act 588), said Deputy Minister Teo Nie Ching.
KOTA KINABALU: The Digital Ministry is committed to accelerating digitalisation and modernisation in Sabah\'s key sectors, but addressing connectivity issues must come first, says its minister.
KUALA LUMPUR: Social media platform providers were requested to take down more than 300,000 items of content last year following public complaints, says Fahmi Fadzil.
KUALA LUMPUR: The Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 (Act 588) is still required to address crimes in cyberspace, says Teo Nie Ching.
KOTA KINABALU: The Digital Ministry is committed to accelerating digitalisation and modernisation in Sabah’s key sectors, but addressing connectivity issues must come first, says Gobind Singh Deo.
KUALA LUMPUR: Amendments to the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 (Act 588) will be tabled in the Dewan Rakyat next month, says Deputy Communications Minister Teo Nie Ching.
KUALA LUMPUR: The Online Safety Campaign Roadshow, aimed at raising awareness about internet safety will be implemented in over 10,000 public schools and universities nationwide.
PUTRAJAYA: The Communications Ministry will utilise an allocation of RM2.55bil announced in the Budget 2025 by giving priority to the implementation of various initiatives to improve the standard of living and well-being of the people.
PUTRAJAYA: The Communications and Multimedia Ministry now uses the new acronym, K-KOMM, while its minister will be referred to as MenKOMM.
KUALA LUMPUR: Online criminal activities and fraud can be curbed through the enforcement of the Communications and Multimedia (Amendment) Bill 2024 (Act 588), says Communications Minister Fahmi Fadzil.