GEORGE TOWN: Former Batu Uban assemblyman S. Raveentharan has withdrawn a defamation suit on Monday against a bank executive following the latter's public apology in court.
CAMERON HIGHLANDS: A special task force to be set up under the Natural Resources and Environment Ministry will work with the Pahang Government to tackle the widespread ravage of Cameron Highlands.
CAMERON HIGHLANDS: Those caught carrying out illegal land clearing will be arrested immediately, said Cameron Highlands Land and District Officer Datuk Ahmad Daud.
- Dept: Less than 1% of forests being illegally logged
- Take action against Kian Ming, voter told
- Second-term Selangor MB Khalid outlines his plans for development of the state
- DAP unhappy over Selangor exco positions
- MPs can earn up to RM10,000 per month
- Abdul Wahid and Paul Low taking huge pay cuts
- Organisers of Penang ceramah to be called up by police
Update: Monday, May 20, 2013 MYT 10:30 AM
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will walk a fine line between fostering a U.S. ally in China's backyard and trying to defend human rights when the president of Myanmar becomes the first head of his country to visit the White House in 47 years on Monday.
RAMADI, Iraq (Reuters) - - Militants killed at least 10 Iraqi policemen in a series of attacks on checkpoints in the West of the country on Sunday, police and local officials said.
AMMAN (Reuters) - Lebanese Hezbollah militants attacked a Syrian rebel-held town alongside Syrian troops on Sunday and Israel threatened more attacks on Syria to rein the militia in, highlighting the risks of a wider regional conflict if planned peace talks fail.
BUENOS AIRES: The burial place and funeral arrangements for the late Argentine dictator Jorge Videla remained a mystery Sunday, with official sources maintaining a tight-lipped no comment.
LONDON: British Prime Minister David Cameron on Monday wrote to leaders of oversees tax havens, urging them to help the country's efforts to combat tax evasion and avoidance.
NEW YORK: A six-cord electric guitar that Beatles John Lennon and George Harrison played went under the hammer for $408,000, Julien's Auctions said Sunday.
- Nik Nazmi charged over rally
- Court accepts teen’s DNA finding
- Genneva four to know fate of gold and money
- Quorum almost not met
- Speaker adjourns sitting with touching speech
- Ministry drafting Bill to protect stray animals